1 WEEK CAMINO DE SANTIAGO WALKING TRIP
Obtain your Camino de Santiago Certificate by walking the last 100 KM to Santiago de Compostela. Perfect for those with little time or wanting to accomplish a shorter portion of the Camino. Enjoy the peaceful Galician countryside, warm hospitality, culinary delights and reach Santiago de Compostela on foot.
Trip Score 2 Reviews5/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Daily Distance Moderate
The perfect trip for those who want to walk the Camino but only have little time or simply want to accomplish a shorter portion of the Camino de Santiago. Enjoy the lush, peaceful Galician countryside and reach Santiago de Compostela on foot.
SARRIA TO SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – 7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS
1-2 Star Inns: 695€ *
2-3 Star Inns: 875€ *
Every day between:
April 1st – October 21st, 2018
March 23rd – October 24th, 2019
Average Daily Distance:
23km – 5 to 7 hours
1-2 Star Inns: 695€ *
3 Star Inns: 875€ *
*SINGLE SUPPLEMENT AVAILABLE FOR 175€.
- 6 nights accommodation
- All breakfasts (in 3 Star Itinerary Only)
- Luggage transfers
- High-speed train, Madrid-Sarria
- High-speed train, Santiago de Compostela-Madrid
- Access to 24 hour help line
- Personalized electronic guidebook which includes:
- daily route notes, elevation profiles & itinerary overview
- informative notes and videos of sites of interest
- restaurant reviews and suggestions
- Camino trail map & GPS locations of sites of interest
- essential services locator (banks, pharmacies, water, etc)
- food menu translator
- common spanish phrasebook
- tips for how to prepare & train for the Camino
- first aid & emergency situation tips
- Personal expenses
- Meals outside of breakfasts
- Data and phone plan for electronic device
- Potential taxi services to shorten days
- Electronic Device. Rental available on demand at extra cost
- Travel insurance
- Museum entrances & other paid visits
– MADRID AIRPORT – SARRIA – 0 KM
Arrival at Madrid Airport and transfer to Sarria via high speed train, a 5-6 hour journey. Be sure to select a flight that will land in Madrid early in the day to give you plenty of time to reach the train station by midday.
After checking into your lodge for the evening, you can choose to either sit back and relax or opt for a stroll around this town.
SARRIA – PORTOMARIN – 21 KM (13 miles)
A great start to the trip as you’ll spend most of the day in the quiet countryside, discovering the peacefulness of rural Galicia. You’ll end with a long downhill walk into Portomarin, your home for the evening, along the banks of the Mino River.
PORTOMARIN – PALAS DEL REI – 24 KM (15 miles)
Another peaceful day in the countryside, slowly meandering through local villages and hamlets. Some interesting untended Celtic ruins can be seen along the way if one has the strength to make a short 1 km detour.
PALAS DEL REI – SEDOR – 24 KM (15 miles)
Today takes you through Melide, a village that has made Pulpo Gallego legendary throughout the country. A simple recipe of octopus, potatoes and paprika but when prepared just right, lights up your taste buds!
SEDOR – PEDROUZO – 24 KM (15 miles)
As you get closer to Santiago, you start walking through more and more Eucalyptus treed forests. The aroma is delightful as is the rest of the trail.
PEDROUZO – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – 20 KM (13 miles)
A shorter distance in walking today in order to take full advantage of the city’s sites. There is tons to see and do, on top of enjoying the fulfillment of reaching your destination!
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – MADRID – 0 KM
Afternoon return via high speed train to Madrid.