1 WEEK CAMINO FINISTERRE WALKING TRIP
Whether you only walk this trail or add it as an extension to any of our trips that end in Santiago de Compostela, this trail will leave you breathless. Walking to the westernmost point of Spain, the trail offers a great mix of rural Galicia and some stunning coastal scenery. End in the village of Fisterra, anciently known as ‘the end of the earth’.
Trip Score 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Moderate
Daily Distance Easy
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA TO FINISTERRE 7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS
1-2 Star Inns: 695€ *
2-3 Star Inns: 795€ *
Every day between:
April 1st – October 21st, 2020
March 23rd – October 24th, 2021
Average Daily Distance:
18km – 4 to 6 hours
- 6 nights accommodation
- All breakfasts (in 3 Star Itinerary Only)
- Luggage transfers
- Round-trip transfers to Santiago de Compostela Airport
- Access to 24 hour help line
- Personalized electronic guidebook which includes:
- daily route notes, elevation profiles & itinerary overview
- informative notes and videos of sites of interest
- restaurant reviews and suggestions
- Camino trail map & GPS locations of sites of interest
- essential services locator (banks, pharmacies, water, etc)
- food menu translator
- common spanish phrasebook
- tips for how to prepare & train for the Camino
- first aid & emergency situation tips
- Personal expenses
- Meals outside of breakfasts
- Data and phone plan for electronic device
- Potential taxi services to shorten days
- Electronic Device. Rental available on demand at extra cost
- Travel insurance
- Museum entrances & other paid visits
SANTIAGO AIRPORT – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – 0 KM
Arrival at Santiago Airport and transfer to your lodge for the night in private car, a 20 minute journey.
After checking into your lodge for the evening, you can choose to either sit back and relax or opt for a stroll around this fascinating historical town.
SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – NEGREIRA – 22 KM (13 miles)
As you gradually climb out of the city of Santiago de Compostela, you are rewarded with stunning views of the city and cathedral. Further along we pass the Puente Maceira. A 13th century roman style bridge.
NEGREIRA – MARONAS – 19 KM (11 miles)
A day starting on forested trails, opening up after coming to the top of the uphill starting in the morning. At this point, you will find yourself on the “Altiplano” of the region, open plains where you can see for some distance.
MARONAS – OLVEIROA – 13 KM (8 miles)
Today we enjoy the simplicity and tranquility of this region. We will continue along the rolling hills of Galicia. A side trip to the top of Monte Corzon for those who want a bigger challenge offers great 360 degree views.
OLVEIROA – CEE – 17 KM (11 miles)
Our first sighting of the coastline as we spend most of the day walking along mountain ridges before descending to sea level and enjoy the port town of Cée. Seafood lovers will be in heaven with the unique variety offered.
PEDROUZO – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA – 20 KM (13 miles)
A shorter distance in walking today in order to take full advantage of the city’s sites. There is tons to see and do, on top of enjoying the fulfillment of reaching your destination!
FINISTERRE – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA AIRPORT – 0 KM
Afternoon shuttle to return to Santiago de Compostela Airport.
NEGREIRA – CASA DE BOLA
19th century house beautifully restored, keeping noble materials. A peace haven to relax fully.
MARONAS – CASA JURJO
This renovated old building offers friendly service and comfortable rooms, in a peaceful environment.
OLVEIROA – PENSION AS PIAS
Charming and peaceful, this beautiful old stone home is a popular rest stop for pilgrims on the way to Finisterre.
CEE – HOTEL INSUA
Modernly appointed hotel with all the amenities. Well-located within Cée.